Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week 25 - Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Today (6/25) is one of those days were everything seems to go wrong. Our air conditioner busted and this week the heat index has been over 100. Our repair guy can't come over until next Wednesday to look at it... when I got home after work it was 92-degrees in our house! Luckily the basement is staying fairly cool. I finally got into my dentist to look at a tooth where a filling came lose, turns out that I have a new cavity where the old was one and it could potentially need a root canal. They can't get me in for a new filling until mid-August and I can't get in for a filling until September! Plus she thinks I need my wisdom teeth pulled, soooo yaaaaaay. Ugh.

I also just got word that both Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson passed away today. Farrah's death was expected b/c of her public battle with cancer but MJ completely shocked me! Ironically earlier in the day I had been discussing with a coworker who was going to be the "third" celebrity death since they come in three's and was completely silent when I got into my car about an hour later and started hearing the reports. No one saw this coming! At least, I didn't...

On a lighter note, on Saturday my friend Stacy and I went downtown to the Summer Arts Festival. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time catching up and browsing all the artist's work... and even getting yelled at by one of them!

























I borrowed my uncle's digital SLR for tomorrow's trip to the zoo and decided to take it to Standing Bear after the Summer Arts Festival. Every time I go running I see so much I want to take pictures of so I figured this was a perfect opportunity! You can see all the photos here.













6.21.09 - 6.27.09

No comments: